View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 10:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dearest purplefoot.....I have not been attacked by any fruit as of late....that one encounter was enough though.
You personal story was so sweet and uplifting. My hubby has a lot of ringing in his ears and if I do not face him when I am speaking....he hears nothing. We even have to mute the telly when we want to say something about the program we are watching together. Most of the time he asks....what did they say?
So together we finger spell to each other.....once we even went to a supermarket and used only our hands. Doyou know how many dirty looks we got? It was awful. One child came right inbetween us and just stared up at him. No excuse me and the parent didn't even apologize... I know they thought we were deaf but like your husband, what if he could read lips?
Please don't jump all over me that we were being disrespectful to the deaf as well as the hearing.....our deaf friends recommended this to improve our sign language and we never spoke the intire time to make the hearing uncomfortable. Our friend is a professor for asl.
As my jaw deteriorates and my husband's hearing is going we find ourselves using our form of asl but the true way is our goal.
Enna70 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (10-06-2015)