View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 01:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am sorry that you find yourself here. I have large fiber peripheral neuropathy largely due to Alcohol and malnutrition. I started with my left leg being so bothersome. It was worse at night, so restless and felt warm all of the time. I drank and stayed too thin and suddenly had a dropped foot about six months later. It just dropped in the middle of the day on me. I thought I had some sort of sprained ankle or something. I kept drinking while my foot got better and finally went to the hospital and quit about a year and a half from when "the bothersome left leg" began. I have been told that I simply waited too long to quit and too much damage has been done to ever hope for complete healing. I am a 39 year old woman with rapidly progressing self inflicted nueropathy. The progression is so terrible; once a symptom seems to "even out" or "calm down", a new one comes rushing in all angry. I make the most of the good times with my work and the horses, and then sometimes I have a complete meltdown and cry and beg for relief that cannot come. If I knew for one second what I was doing back then.... I thought that I was killing myself with alcohol. This is slow and painful. It sounds like you are not too late. My nuerologist has agreed with all of the advice here, I just had to present it to her first. I would get tested and read about the supplements, etc. Best of luck
Equine Dentist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Drez (12-28-2019), zkrp01 (10-07-2015)