View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jen,
I've learned to stay away from antidepressants because they just mess up the AED's I take. You asked if I see an eclipse and the answer is:"no" but right before a cp sz. I see colors of the rainbow flashing back and forth in my eyes and sometimes I will hear one word being repeated over and over again but it's all a hallucination nobody is saying anything.
For yrs. I saw many different neuros until I found a good epi at a Epilepsy Center and I have been very pleased with him, but it's 103 miles one way to his office so I'm going to see a new neuro closer to home within time and if I don't care for him than back to my epi.
As far as AED's go I've been on 13 different AED's only to find I was drug resistant. I take diamox and mysoline right now along with vitamin B12 and folate (folic acid). I've found that the diamox was the biggest help for me because just like you I have sz. before and after my period do to the hormones changing and the extra fluids in my body. The Diamox helps get rid of the extra fluids which can cause sz. for some people. As far as being washed out on drugs that happened when I was 10 yrs.old and my neuro at the time had me on phenobarb, zarontin, dilantin,mysoline, and tegretol. I was taking 106 pills a week and I was out of it. I've found the fewer AED's I take the better off I am and I have much more energy.
Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote