Thread: Trip & Fall
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Trip & Fall

Periodically, I fall uncontrollably (i.e., unable to catch myself) when I unknowingly trip on something or from routine movements. Something as normal as walking on level ground with or without a raised area, on a tile floor or carpet, or up & down stairs, have led to falling, after accidentally tripping. In the past, I would quickly react to this and catch myself. Now, it seems as if I can't control my body as much as I try to. Luckily, I have not gotten hurt. But, I fear that I will do so at some point. So now, I find myself looking down a lot, holding on railings or the wall and walking extra carefully to avoid any sudden and unexpected fall. This is terrifying and frustrating to say the least. The remarkable thing, though, is that I am very physically fit and active. Now, I am now 53 years old, but this has been happening (though rarely) since I was 30 years old. I have discussed this with different doctors but have not gotten any help or direction from any of them. They have generally suggested that it is vertigo. Unlike vertigo, though, the condition that I have described happens once in a while but when it does it is, in my view, more severe and more frightening. I am very worried about it and hope someone can help me with answers and direction. Thank you.
ChiL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (10-07-2015), Lara (10-07-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-07-2015), St George 2013 (10-07-2015)