View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 11:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Showers killed me, too until my husband picked up a shower chair for me. I had to put a thin towel on my legs and shoulders to soften the impact of the water. I keep a heater in the bathroom just in case I will need it in the colder weather. I spent weeks this summer slowly adjusting the water temp so I could bear cooler water. I did this so I could tolerate pool water at 84 degrees.

I bought an adjustable height, wheeled stool to work in the kitchen. It cost about 50 on Amazon. It was worth every penny. I love my rice cooker, because of it I can make a fast Korean egg fried rice, with scallions and sesame seeds. The irony of this is, I bought the cooker because it was cheap-I always hated gadgets like coffee and bread makers in my healthy past. LOL I used to keep my vintage iron pans beautifully seasoned-my husband scrubbed them until they are a mess. I just don't have the energy to reclaim them, so I bought a coated skillet.

My husband has to do most chores around the house, because I have no stamina. I tried to clean a few things recently and nearly passed out. My gastroc muscles do not support me properly with the result that my right hip gets pressured and I get excrutiating pain in it and my butt-so I cannot sit, or stand or lie in most positions. My sister calls me a "Jack in the box," because I pop up and down trying to get in a position which does not hurt me.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (10-07-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-07-2015), St George 2013 (10-07-2015), stillsmiling (10-07-2015)