View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 10:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Welcome Roror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroproblem View Post
peripheral neuropathy, other than injury or spinal issues, cause bilateral neuropathy usually on both sides of the bodie. if you have only the right leg, it could be your spine, or the nerve itself.
Welcome to the group and I'm sure you will find that this forum, as well as several related, to be one of the more significant discoveries in your physical life taking the time to read, Thread by Thread, the huge wealth of knowledge and experience amassed herein. I, myself, am self-inflicted with PN brought on heavily after drinking for 50 years,(16 to 66) and as a fellow relative newcomer, have spent countless hours poring over the posted experience histories of fellow members. Acknowledging the explicit disclaimers by Neuro Talk regarding taking these suggestions as a substitute for prescribed relief solutions by a licensed medical professional--I am going on record here that my PERSONAL opinion is: question every source, no matter what official paper credentials may hang on an office wall. From what is any particular source's information/education/enlightenment, gleaned on subject matter that still has so many unanswered facets? Never hesitate to reach out to others with personal real-life experiences.(We are always just a few keyboard taps away). Always be accountable, after consideration by listening to your body, that the ultimate treatment decision is YOUR OWN.

One possible plus could be that if your condition is, in fact, PN.......and it came on so suddenly after what some of us would consider a relatively short drinking career......your prognosis for a timelier than most rebound from symptoms could be hoped for.

On the other hand, I, like Neuroproblem, have never heard of Alcohol PN being other than bi-lateral, so neurological testing on elements of the CNS would probably be advisable to follow up on.

In short, all the best of luck and keep us posted as to progress.

Last edited by Sarge; 10-08-2015 at 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Sarge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote