Thread: Pain Patches
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseKris View Post
While 25 mcgs of Fentanyl is still a relatively small dose you should (hopefully, fingers crossed) get some relief. The good thing about the patch is that it gives you a constant supply of medication so it should help even things out.
Personally I recommend changing sites or sides when you change patches to help prevent any irritation.

Good luck!
Not sure about your box but mine is very specific about not using the same patch site for at least 21 days. I use 2 places on my upper left arm and all over my upper back. The back of my box has places to put info so I can always look back and see where I've used it over the last few months. I did use my upper legs 2 different times but I don't think it helped as well. The package says use upper body but I had read somewhere that others got the same relief on upper legs so I tried it.

For some reason (pain dr has never heard of this before) I cannot use it on my right arm. This is my worst SFN arm. The one time I did use it the pain all up and down the arm began almost immediately. My daughter begged me for 5 days to let her take it off and put another one on in a different site and I finally gave in.....what RELIEF when that patch came off. So I stay away from my right arm now

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (10-08-2015), Hopeless (10-09-2015), Littlepaw (10-08-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-08-2015), RSD ME (10-08-2015)