View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 12:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
Funny about the sweating part. I've never been a heavy sweater either. I don't personally know what the point of the sweat test is really. I didn't ask for it. I have some pretty nasty autonomic problems that are worse some days than others. I was diagnosed with SFN by skin biopsy and tilt table. There is absolutely nothing they can do unless they find a cause anyway so it is no better than the fibromyalgia diagnosis that was made in the first place. The only reason for a confirmation of nerve damage is good to have is know that one isn't crazy, especially when they look so well and can be so debilitated.
Sometimes I wish I didn't know that there was actual damage because it just sounds terrible.
I am totally with you. Diagnosis does not mean they can cure it. I don't need confirmation to know I am not crazy so that's not a motivator anymore.

Truth be told, the main reason I worry about autonomic is I have a tricuspid heart valve leak which is significant enough to warrant annual monitoring. My yearly appointment is the end of January. My SFN symptoms didn't show up until the end of February last year so my cardiologist is not aware of this. I had my records sent to her by the neurologist recently but you know how that goes. If it weren't for that i don't know that I'd push for the sweat test.

I continue to try to push for a cause even though my ex-neurologist rattled off depressing statistics about the odds against help. In the meantime I do my own "not ready for prime time science experiments" to be able to figure out triggers.
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote