View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 06:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
I struggled with HypoT for a lot of years. I have a post on the General Health area that I started today. I never heard of thyroid support causing Nerve Damage/Pain But as the previous poster said could be the condition and not the medication. Or, if you have been taking Levo for 10 yrs, maybe you are not on the correct dose, etc. I know I never did good on Levo and for me desiccated support is what I started with in 2002, tried the synthetics a little bit and went back to desiccated. Over the years from 2002, my dose was changed and today I take 120mg of NP thyroid, the generic for Armour.

Being in the UK, I don't know if "natural" thyroid support is available.

Also, you may not be converting T4 to the T3. Many people don't.

Having had allergies all my life until 1995 when I found OPC's: pycnogenol and then grape seed extract...allergies are history. 20 yrs on OPC's.
Thanks for your advice and for telling me your experience. Unfortunately natural alternatives and T3 aren't usually prescribed in the UK. I did once get my thyroid antibodies and free T3 checked. My abtibodies confirmed I have Hashimoto's bad my T3 was middle of normal range, TSH suppressed AdCal FT4 low within normal range. I may have to try and find a naturopath (functional?) to get myself checked out and treated with the right suppliments.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote