View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 07:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused Is it allergy, is it blood sugar, is it gluten??

Well, I'm new to this forum and recently been experiencing peripheral neuropathy within the last three months. Been tested for gluten allergy--not celiac...but seem to have reactions several hours after eating carb products. Been tested for blood sugar (fasting glucose test) which is normal, though A1C jumps up and down over a period of months (perhaps because of the health crises?) though remains at a normal level or borderline. Antihistamines seem to help when I'm having a "neuropathy episode" which will last for a day or so. However, when my allergist wanted me to take an H2 blocker (pepcid) to create a stronger antihistamine effect, I developed intense tingly feelings in my back along my spine!! I stopped the pepcid pronto and it went away. Symptoms involve no pain, but tingly feelings in all extremeties and upper back torso. Have recently (last year) developed asthma which I never had before, being treated with that. Although I discovered one of the corticosteroid inhalers contained milk protein and it was determined I had a slight allergy to milk. Glad we changed that one! Tested for B12- 613, which is considered normal. All these neuropathy symptoms seemed to appear after stopping allergy shots. Had been on these without a problem for nine months and the went systemic in July. Because all these symptoms have appeared, we are not planning to continue them. My allergist is baffled at times, my neurologist , also. Seems there is a definite gut/food connection but I can't figure it out! Anyone want to take a stab at this?
Lesann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
piersanti123 (10-28-2015)