Thread: Fat loss
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 04:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have a question here that has been bothering my mind since long. When you lose weight by dieting , reducing it to portions to reduce the calories,do you lose just the fat or the bone and muscle too ?

Because when you cut down on your food,you are taking less of calcium and other nutrients for your bone health. Does the body leech out bone to keep Calcium in the blood constant ? Any idea ? eg RDA for Indians is 600 mg of calcium daily.I suppose it is 1000 in the US. Indians and Asians are physically smaller than Europeans and Americans and their RDAs are also smaller. My height is 5 ft 5 inches i.e. 165 cms .The ideal weight for an Indian this height is 65-67 kgs. I am currently 92.7 kgs.

This is of particular importance if a person is susceptible to bone problems say Osteoporosis. Is it necessary to take Calcium,Vitamin D3 and Vit K2 MK7 supplements during the dieting phase. Or is skimmed milk okay ? Can you name a few less calorie calcium food sources ?

I read on some sites that if you dont take the right amount of calcium daily,the body takes it from the bones to maintain blood pH. Is this true ?

Also is it possible to increase the bone mass (not the bone mineral density) ?

Also which is the best type of protein for muscles ? I have heard Whey protein is the best but it is used by body builders. Is it good for a normal person ?Again there are different types of Whey proteins - concentrate,isolate ,hydrolysate.
amitsa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote