View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 06:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiretoday View Post
I am using something that is very similar. Called a WINS (wearable intensive nerve stimulator) it is by a company called quell. www.quell.com I have had for over 2 weeks and it takes the edge off for pain as well.

Also FDA cleared for sleep. It's useful to me and was only $250.
Very interesting and yes, very similar to the "Sensus" TENS unit that I use. I'm using my Sensus unit right now as I compose this message! Both Sensus and Quell are wearable, which increases utility greatly in my opinion. I like the ability that the Quell unit has to be controlled by your smartphone too, something my Sensus unit does not offer.

As for price, my Sensus unit is being offered on the internet for $330, although I got mine at no cost as it was prescribed to me by my Podiatrist and my insurance paid the entire cost. All I pay for are replacement electrodes which are around $3.00 each, also covered (partially) by my insurance. Electrodes last approximately 2 weeks. So it's really cheap therapy and I use it daily.

On the Quell website is an interesting article called "Science Behind Quell™ Wearable Pain Relief Technology for Treatment of Chronic Pain" It is pretty detailed, but it gives you an idea of how these devices work. Here's a link to the article. There is some pretty complex science behind these devices.

https://www.quellrelief.com/files/sc...hind-quell.pdf

Last edited by birchlake; 10-09-2015 at 06:57 AM.
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (10-09-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-09-2015)