View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 09:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I Thought It Was Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindyloowho1234 View Post
Does anyone else get stiff muscles/joints with their PN?

My husbands is really flaring these days and along with the usual pain/burning etc. he says his feet feel stiff like they won't bend, with muscle soreness up his calves.
His hands are extremely painful and stiff and the first two knuckles are slightly swollen.

Is it the PN, or is something else going on?

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Linda
These all emerged in concert together, along with some others that have since gone away.

Aside from all the other textbook Alcohol PN symptoms such as residual foot pain and numbness(gradually, and I mean very gradually, lessening,) loss of balance tendency, marked sensitivity in my fingertips, approx. 60% - 65% loss of leg, arm, and upper body strength, etc., my most reliable constant is: anytime I sit for even a medium length of time, I stiffen up completely starting with pain behind the kneecaps upon standing, proceeding down my calfs, shin/achilles, ankles, through my feet out to the tips of my toes. Completely locked - up. I require both arms on fixed objects, or a Samaritan's aid just to attain a standing position, and a subsequent hand to the odd chair, quick lean against a wall or booth end for at least the first 10 - 15 steps, even after which proceeding unaided with the most diligent attention paid to the terrain my next step will have to navigate. Eventually my gait becomes more and more sure - footed as I continue to walk until the fatigue of distance forces a sit - down. Once sufficiently rested, ready to begin the cycle anew. There is also some not as severe stiffness in the lumbar area, elbows, and shoulders--especially when I attempt to lift any item of weight up onto a high shelf.

Started taking Magnesium Chloride in the form of Slow-Mag in the dosage of two tablets per day, but am already considering doubling up on that for a while. Have heard about this brand for a while and already had it waiting in my Amazon.com Shopping Cart along with some other supps. but amazingly the other day while on my usual food shopping jaunt at the local Stop-N-Shop, Slow-Mag just jumped into my sight from the vitamin display--same bottle, same count, same dosage as through Amazon, but 2$ cheaper. Now that is a rarity.

Just began, so too early to report on any effects yet. My nurse wife warned me that my treks to the porcelain throne might become more frequent. I responded as a true supercilious Neuro Talk disciple that she was probably thinking of Magnesium Oxide. At that theatrical pause, I was only sorry there was not a pipe nor pair of slippers within reach. She mumbled that I was some kind of a whole, whatever that meant.

Will relay any progress. Please continue to do the same.

Thanks.
Sarge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (10-10-2015)