View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 11:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesann View Post
Been tested for gluten allergy--not celiac...but seem to have reactions several hours after eating carb products.
Are you reacting to carb products that contain gluten or all carb products? This could be a gluten and/or FODMAP issue.

Quote:
Been tested for blood sugar (fasting glucose test) which is normal, though A1C jumps up and down over a period of months (perhaps because of the health crises?) though remains at a normal level or borderline.
HBA1C may or may not be reliable depending on what is going on with you. Any condition that impacts your hemoglobin can cause this number to jump around. Conditions like anemia or even your hydration status at the time of the test could cause this number to change.

Quote:
Antihistamines seem to help when I'm having a "neuropathy episode" which will last for a day or so. However, when my allergist wanted me to take an H2 blocker (pepcid) to create a stronger antihistamine effect, I developed intense tingly feelings in my back along my spine!! I stopped the pepcid pronto and it went away. Symptoms involve no pain, but tingly feelings in all extremeties and upper back torso. Have recently (last year) developed asthma which I never had before, being treated with that.
This is pretty interesting. I actually have a problem going on with my immune system that is baffling my doctors. I have full body sensory neuropathy symptoms that are extremely painful - burning pain, hypersensitivity, etc. I recently broke out in hives from a hot neck wrap and then it turned into a terrible case of angoiedema. My PCP said this is not a normal reaction to heat exposure (this problem started with my neuropathy symptoms 1.5 years ago); it scared her so much that she called the supervising doctor into the exam room to get another opinion. I was taking antihistamines during this time period, which didn't seem to help.....but this whole episode mostly turned my neuropathy symptoms off for 2 weeks or so. Today, I still have the hives, but my face has now returned to normal size and my sensory neuropathy symptoms are back as well.

Quote:
Although I discovered one of the corticosteroid inhalers contained milk protein and it was determined I had a slight allergy to milk. ....Seems there is a definite gut/food connection but I can't figure it out! Anyone want to take a stab at this?
Have you taken dairy out of your diet? I think if I were in your position, I'd pull dairy and gluten completely out my diet for a few weeks. If you are still having issues, look into a FODMAP diet, because certain carbs can cause issues in people.

Keep a journal that tracks what you are eating and your symptoms; sometimes when we eat something that doesn't agree with our immune systems, it can take several days for our bodies to react to it, which makes it difficult to connect the bad reaction to that particular food.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
piersanti123 (10-28-2015)