View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound8 View Post
Hi, I've had tremors for 16 years. They always appear after I'm thinking because having a psychiatric illness I think too much and get too stressed. I have a question, does it reduce life expectancy? I've learned to think less so now tremors are less frequent. However if I put a paper on my hand I notice a small tremor,so I guess some tremor is now present 24/7 inside my body. Thanks.
Is there anyone who doesn't doubt their sanity at some point in their life? We are all built differently, think differently and thank the man above live life differently.

To the best of my knowledge there is no link between having benign tremor and life expectancy. I mentioned about the higher chance of meds giving a tremor in my last post than a mental illness. In saying that that does not help if you are very conscious of it.

Talk to your practitioner first just to have a medical opinion, then just joke about it. When my right hand is trembling I now just call it OLD SHAKY. I used to hide it by sitting on it or placing it in my pocket, in fact all I was doing was making it more stressful for me. I was so aware but nobody else actually give a hoot.

In meditation they say a quietened mind leads to a better controlled body. So maybe just trying to break the cycle of thoughts you have may help the physical side of things. Ever tried a bit of Yoga or Tai Chi. Apart from the exercise many of those there will be dealing with similar concerns as yourself. Make time for you.
waterwillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (11-16-2015)