View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 04:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you very much for your answers!

I did not know what "testing for vasovagal response", so I googled, and if I understand it correctly it is like tilt table tests? I have not had that. I have an appointment at the hospital for investigating my vertigo next month, so maybe something like that will be done then.

I've had two MRs of the head (I was in a study of mild TBI), should an eventual injury to the upper cervical had been visible on those? Or do I need to ask for a MR of the neck or something like that?

Sorry, I have tried to read the sticky about vitamins, but can't progress that much information. I'm sorry about that, it feels bad that other people made an effort to make that tread but I can't make an effort to read it... Is vitamins something I should worry more about, even though all my vitamin-levels looked great on my last blood test? I take multivitamins and fish oil.

I will look into Neuro Psychological Assessment!

The drugs I have tried are:
-Atacand (active substance: kandesartancileksetil) and another blood pressure medicine
-Orfiril (active substance: Natr. Valproas)
-Topimax (active substance: Topiramat)
And now I am on this drug called Sarotex (active substance: amitriptylin).

I don't really know if I always had low blood pressure, but I think so. I've always felt a bit dizzy when doctors measures blood pressure, but I always thought that was normal. It wasn't until the Neurologist tried to measure my blood pressure standing up, when I was on blood pressure medicine, and commented that it was not normal to almost faint from measuring blood pressure, that I thought about it.

However, I have had the problem of fainting since I was 6 years old. It wasn't really investigated since my dad used to have the same problem as a child. I was mostly just that kid who fainted and had bad nosebleeds, and I would probably just grow out of it... And it has been a lot better in the past years. Before my concussion I hadn't fainted since taking the swine flu vaccine in 2010, so over three years.

I haven't spent days without visual stimulation for some time, so maybe you're right and it is time to try that again! I sometimes tend to get stuck every now and then, doing something stupid on my smartphone (which have brightness and blue light turned all the way down). I know it's stupid, but it just feels good for the moment, to zone out of my head.

How did you find out that the exercise made you feel better in the long run? I mean, how did you know that you should continue exercising that much?

I also have a problem with knowing when something is to much. I just do things and don't realize that I shouldn't before I have a very bad headache. It may just be an Asbergers-problem, I'm the same way with hunger...

What does "desensitising exercises" mean? Is it like training the eyes to be less sensitive? I didn't know that was possible.

Thanks again for your answers! I do realize that there is no quick fix, but it is very nice to hear other things than the doctors "wait and see" and other empty words!
JuliaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote