View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 03:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesann View Post
Thanks everyone...I am presently on Flovent (440mg twice a day) as my prescribed asthma med. I did have some of these symptoms when I was on the Asmanex, but it doesn't seem to be related to either meds, (maybe ?). I take Allegra when necessary in divided doses because the whole 24hr pill gives me a minor post nasal drip. Yes, isn't that crazy? Dividing it with a pill divider eliminates this problem. But it is the only antihistamine I can take without other side effects. I was on allergy shots for: cat, alternaria (a NW mold), birch pollen and dust. I have a low positive reaction to egg white and possible low positive to dairy as well. I have eliminated them both and have also recently gone gluten free with some wonderful products from B. Red Mill up here in the NW. I found I can no longer take my multivitamin because I discovered that it is a major contributor. I'm wondering which of the many elimination diets to try as well.
if you were on gluten free diet, while testing for gluten allergy, it will show up a false negative. If you were on gluten for a few weeks to months before testing, that should be ok. ANTIhistamine usually prevents something like post nasal drip, you could be allergic to an allegra component, or your allergies are too high for your allegra to handle. I used the generic version of allegra(fexofenadine) and it has very little effect on my allergies(slight), i have nasal and contact dermatitis. You have tried the other OTC? ceterizine, lotaradine, i assume you dont try diphenhydramine,doxylamine, since it has sedative effect among other side effects,.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (10-12-2015), piersanti123 (10-28-2015)