View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 10:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPinkereton View Post
It just so happens that I have a doctor appointment next week and I have (finally) decided to tell the doctor to either do something to help me, or I want a new doctor.
I have been through the gabapentin, lyrica, tramadol route. I've done the diet/exercise route for years and nothing has helped. Right now I am taking nothing for pain because we are out of options. The doctor seems to think I'm feeling fine, but realistically, I am really at the end of my rope. Don't think I can get through a winter like this. There has to be something else he can do.

So how do I get it through to the doctor's head that exercise makes it worse without sounding like a nut case. He has always looked at me with disgust that there must be something I can do to exercise. He insists that exercise is the ONLY thing that will help.

How can I express to the medical people that this has gotten to a critical phase.

Sorry to be so long winded, but so through with this.
My mind isn't great this morning but.....are you seeing a neuro ? My previous neuro would not prescribe pain meds and suggested I go to a pain mgmt. dr. I finally decided after a year to go and it's been a good decision for me.

May be time to seek out a pain mgmt. dr ?

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote