View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 12:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
My mind isn't great this morning but.....are you seeing a neuro ? My previous neuro would not prescribe pain meds and suggested I go to a pain mgmt. dr. I finally decided after a year to go and it's been a good decision for me.

May be time to seek out a pain mgmt. dr ?

Debi from Georgia
Debi,

Thanks for the input. This is why I am at the end of my rope. Yes I did pain management for 2.5 years. Had to stop the pain meds (gabapentin, tramadol, lyrica) as they became ineffective and due to side effects. Now I'm on nothing for pain.
Saw a neuro several times. He's the one who did the skin punch test that came back positive for SFN. He next did a glucose tolerance test, which came back as normal. He told me to come back in a year and he'll do another glucose tolerance test. That was all he did. Nothing to relieve my pain or condition. Never went back.

I was always very active and up until 3 years ago, among other things, did walk/jog 3 miles 7 days/ week. Now if I walk 20 minutes, the pain carries through for 2-3 days. More exercise makes it worse. Rest makes it better.

This is really hopeless, isn't it? There's not really anything that will ever make life anything close to normal, is there?

Thanks
LMPinkereton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KateKline (10-12-2015), St George 2013 (10-12-2015)