View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 12:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When we talk about pain management we are talking about more than gabapentin, lyrica and tramadol.
We are talking about heavy hitters, fentanyl, morphine, Butrans, etc. I am on MS Contin, time release morphine, 30mg x 3 daily. I also have oxycodone 10/325 for breakthrough pain. I take gabapentin, baclofen for muscle spasms, and Valium for breakthrough spasms. I am able to walk several miles but can't right now because of open wounds. I posted earlier in this discussion.
I loved walking because it helped mentally but it certainly won't cure or even necessarily slow down SFN. Doctors love to push this exercise thing because it is easy for them, doesn't require anything from them and allows them to push all the blame for your condition back on you. Magazines are full of short, meaningless articles repeating the mantra that exercise cures everything. several new books on chronic pain make the claim that we could throw away all our pills if we just exercised more. Without my pills I wouldn't move off the sofa.
You are a victim of this modern mentality. While it is true sometimes it isn't usually true for neuropathy and your neurologist really should know this.
If your quality of life is deteriorating it may be time to look into something stronger. Nerve pain relief is a trial and error process but I believe there is something out there that will make a difference for you.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KateKline (10-12-2015), KnowNothingJon (10-12-2015), LMPinkereton (10-12-2015), Lukesmom (10-12-2015), madisongrrl (10-12-2015)