View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
EXERCISE IS MY THERAPY as well! My suggestions:
1) Check your shoes (not in yoga obviously). Wear them around the house and see if they trigger anything. My sneakers because of the roughness of the sole effected me. I also can not wear socks in my sneakers (sometimes if I turn them inside out so the smooth side is next to my feet it works.) I had tried dance class and I realized weeks after I had given it up that my shoes were the culprit. Exact same symptoms you are describing. It's still is a challenge to take the class, but nowhere like it had been with those sneakers.
2) Yoga was horrible for me as I have spinal issues and a cyst in my hip that were being inflamed by the weight bearing poses (warrior, back extension poses, etc.) I went to a muscular skeleton Dr who ordered various tests and I now know yoga is not for me and I also know what to avoid.

My neurologist told me it is ok if exercise triggers symptoms as long as it doesn't extend to the next day. I don't know if it applies to the general population or if it was just in my case but I've read similar things on this forum.
While I have trouble walking I have places on my feet that are pain free for the most part. I use that part to ride my bike. I get in a couple of miles up and down hill at dawn when no one is about. It's the only time I get to be in some kind of natural setting now. For someone who spent his life fishing and hiking it's weird to say the least. But for now....
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote