View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsearle77 View Post
Hi all, in the beginning stages of getting a diagnosis, I'm a 38 year old male, had been Olympic weightlifting for a few years, developed some ulnar nerve entrapment in my arm that eventually resolved. After a couple months off I returned to lifting only to stop again after experiencing what has been a prickling and burning sensation in my neck, my upper back around the shoulder blades, under my armpits, and occasionally onto my chest. It feels a lot like a sunburn that obviously isn't there. Also developed some transient tingling/numbness in my hands. Affer many years at a desk and sleeping with arms overhead, etc, TOS got suggested as a possibility, along with a cervical disk issue. Does this prickling pain and the locations sound familiar to anyone? I'm just trying to get a better idea of what to expect next week at docs/neuros. Thanks in advance.
Nerve pain is burning and prickling. Unfortunately, when it gets to this point, it may call for pt and if unsuccessful with pt then surgery is done. It's not wise to do overhead lifting with any tos symptoms. Try using theraband and rotate arms away from chest to open up the tight interscalene triangle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
jobby99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote