View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 10:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I watched all of the previous episodes (last year). These are new. I just finished today's first episode. I think there are nine in the series. This topic is of interest to me. My mother died at age 49 of cancer and I was appalled re: her tx.

You have to click on the link Caroline provided and give your first name and email in the spaces provided. They send you a link in your email to watch. Each episode is available free for 24 hours, then it moves to the next. This is largely, if not entirely, on the dissatisfaction with current cancer tx, and ethics within the profession (for example the AMA), and that there are alternative treatments to consider.

Tonight's episode #1 was good. Gave a brief review of chemo and how it was discovered after doing autopsies on those who died via Mustard Gas. Gave a brief history of how holistic medicine was once accepted, but how Carnegie and Rockefeller, big business, patents and greed changed this entirely.

MUCH was covered on how chemo is often a dangerous tx and even in many cases the medicine being used is identified as carcinogenic. Also about how parents are often forced against their will to give chemo to their children.

One thing of great interest to me was comments /info. about "ghost articles." This was disturbing. Apparently there is a practice where a pharm. co. writes a medical article touting a drug as successful and then basically approaches a well known doctor to take the article and put his name to it. The doctor has no way of knowing if anything in the article is true. Studies etc. might very well be made up. The article is written well and seems legit and gets published in a prestigious magazine. Other doctors see this, recognize the well known doctor's by line and think this med must be good and prescribe it because they trust the doctor. They actually think they are doing something good, not realizing it is all fraudulent. I can only hope this practice has stopped.

Along with the potential dangers of chemo, I would say the second main theme of tonight's episode was that the medical industry, perhaps especially when it comes to cancer, seems to be one filled with "corruption, greed and fear." But, the narrator also says that we are fortunate that in our lifetime, this is all coming out in the open and being called to question.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 10-14-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
caroline2 (10-13-2015), DejaVu (10-21-2015)