View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 06:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNT2014 View Post
I have some further advice, which I may be presumptuous: if at all possible, try to think in terms of how to reduce and manage symptoms, rather than how to find the magical job that doesn't make things worse. A couple of years ago I too was spending a lot of time thinking about what job I could do. But since then, despite significant PT, chiropractic, and self-care, my symptoms have only gotten worse. The circle of jobs that I might be able to hold has gotten correspondingly smaller. So I am rapidly approaching a place where my options are: get better, or be on some type of long-term disability.

I realize this is pretty vague advice, and that if you knew how to get better, you probably wouldn't be here. My point is just that, in my case at least, I have not come up with a silver bullet job that won't risk harm to any of my symptoms.
Hi Jnt2014,
Tnks for the advise. In India we don't get any disability benefit or any kind of social security we have.
So we have to find some means of earning by managing current situation. I have quit my successful IT job because it was flaring up my tos symptoms. Sometimes I think that job was good for my neck condition since we can take care of better ergonomics there but RSI issues popped up there.
Sometimes I think to go back with earlier job but I am in dilemma. What you do for your leaving?
ramdas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote