View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 09:28 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdas View Post
Hi Jnt2014,
Tnks for the advise. In India we don't get any disability benefit or any kind of social security we have.
So we have to find some means of earning by managing current situation. I have quit my successful IT job because it was flaring up my tos symptoms. Sometimes I think that job was good for my neck condition since we can take care of better ergonomics there but RSI issues popped up there.
Sometimes I think to go back with earlier job but I am in dilemma. What you do for your leaving?
I am currently teaching English abroad (meaning outside the United States, which is where I'm from). My job requires very little typing, but as I said before, I am still in bad pain most of the time. Even grading papers causes pain in my upper arms and neck. I came here hoping that the relatively low strain job would give my body time to recover, but instead I am still just keeping pain at bay.

Have you gotten into Dragon at all? It's the leading voice recognition software on the market. I complain about it a lot, but frankly without it I would no longer be able to use a computer. I basically just use it for dictation, but it's powerful software, with lots of features and commands. Technically minded people can make it work pretty well for them, especially if their jobs are repetitive in nature.
JNT2014 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote