View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 02:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Bodywork/ Massage for TMJ issues and Facial Alignment - suggestions?

Heya,
I am looking into getting some form of bodywork/ massage therapy done for my ongoing TMJ/Jaw muscle issues, and am wondering, if anyone can recommend anything? I am open to any suggestions, but have noticed on myself that my body seems to be doing best with gentle techniques vs hard-core body twisting, -kneading, and such.
I had some CranioSacral/ Osteopathy done in Germany, and really enjoyed it and found some relief as well. Now that I am back in the US, I am looking for something similar, or entirely different, not sure yet .
It seems my mid-axis is out of alignment, and also my face does not look proportional ever since I had my Nr 5 extracted and replaced by a bridge. Bryanna, you mentioned that a singe extraction should not be causing sunken in cheek, so I am thinking it must have to do with my muscles or TMJ?
With that said, I am looking for a technique that also works with bringing the whole facial structure into alignment. Maybe Cranio Sacral, Osteopathy, or Rolfing - Bryanna, maybe you can give some helpful hints as to what might work for my condition?
Thanks
Meera
Meera Dasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote