Old 10-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi SpaceBird83

Here in Florida there are County and State health clinics that charge on an income scale so perhaps look into those where you are, if needed.

I am a firm adherent to more natural ways to treat most things, but I also realize that there are times when one does need the skill and learning of a qualified physician, whether Integrative or Conventional.

Just also wanted to mention that many years ago my son was initially on meds for severe Tourette with intense co-morbid conditions and he had horrible reactions to all of them, with zyprexa being the most horrendous, and with a very lengthy and difficult withdrawal.
So I sympathize greatly with what you feel about that drug!
We were most thankful for an excellent Integrative doctor who helped him through all that and got him onto more natural treatments that were life changing improvements!

This may have no relevance to you, but just some of what you have written also made me think of symptoms of PANS, which is mostly diagnosed in childhood but more and more adults are realizing they can trace some neurological and mental health, among others, issues back to it. It used to be believed only related to Strep infections in susceptible children (and then called PANDAS) but now more and more infections, including Lyme Disease, are being added to potential causes. It can exist along with other conditions, so whether or not your BiPolar dx etc is accurate, still worth maybe checking out? Just a thought and again, may not be relevant to your situation.

Anyway, I do hope you are able to get some clear answers and effective treatments.

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-14-2015)