View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 06:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator90 View Post
Nick,

Thanks for the note! Hope you are doing better now. I have a couple questions for you -

1. Did you experience day to day recovery after your symptoms returned? Because I used to experience day to day improvement before that last drink in July. Now things just seem stagnant, and that is what is really scary. They've been stagnant for the last two weeks.

2. When you were recovering from symptoms did you have a lot of setbacks? When I was initially getting better I would slowly get better but not slip back from a recovery standpoint barring additional stimulus (usually a long day of work or alcohol). About two weeks ago I felt clearer than I had felt in a long time but the moment I had a conversation with someone I felt myself slip out and exhaust into chaos again.

Hey,

I agree with Mark its tough to compare other people's recoveries to your own considering all of my friends and teammates (I played college soccer) would get concussions and then feel fine a few weeks later. Nothing about my recovery has ever been day to day. I find it useless to stress over why I am feeling good one day and why I am not feeling good another day. I have had good days where I had a stressful day at work and I got through it just fine and came home from work with plenty of energy and in a good mood. I have had other days where I got a lot of sleep didn't do anything stressful all day and felt pretty bad. So I have given up trying to fuss and analyze every last symptom or feeling that i have and figuring out where it came from or why its not going away. The key for me is just acceptance, keeping stress to a minimum, patience, and knowing that things will eventually get better!

Things have been stagnant for a while now since my setback and I am trying to be patient and take care of myself as best I can because thats all that is really in my control.

Hope that helps somehow.
Nick21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hermanator90 (10-14-2015)