View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 08:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

GoldPostal,

I am wondering what symptoms do you currently face day-to-day. With me it's just a scary inability to concentrate and think. But, wondering what your main symptoms are from this alcohol abuse. Like Mark mentioned, just looking to find things to do on a daily basis that keeps me stimulated but short of tiring myself. Since our situations sound somewhat similar, I was just curious how you're doing now, and also what coping activities you've tried that has perhaps worked better than others.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldPostal View Post
Like the title says. I sustained a mild concussion 7 months ago during a HS event and have yet to fully heal. I would say I am certainly better than I was, say, 3-4 months ago, but I still experience symptoms a lot. Mostly heavy fog, but if I use screens to long I still get a pretty bad headache.

Now, I stupidly, stupidly didn't even take a second to consider the affects of alcohol on head injury recovery. I can't believe how dumb I am for not looking into it before I drank any alcohol. And I didn't even just do it once, I've done it 5 times since the injury. Never black out drunk, at least. I was only what you could consider "very drunk" 1-2 of those times.

But now I've been reading all about how alcohol is a HUGE no-no for concussions and I am really scared to tell the truth. I've even read some sources that say alcohol may cause concussions to never heal completely. That scares the hell out of me, I can't imagine living the rest of my life like this.

Is it really that bad? Will the consumption of alcohol 5 times over a 7 month period be enough to permanently detail head injury recovery? It's only my second concussion.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote