Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 09:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The responses you received in this thread, Seth, are excellent, particularly Mark's first response. I'm currently working through the transition where I used to try and understand the biology of my mTBI so that I can fix it and return to my old self... this has been a difficult quest filled with angst, anger, frustration, etc., and of course all of those issues get vented at the ones I love, particularly my children.

In the past 6 months, I've taken a new approach similar to what Mark very nicely outlines. I'm working on who I am now while trying to push my recovery... acceptance of my situation has been a relief, in some sense, and I'm sincerely hoping that it improves, but for now I'm trying to "roll" with things rather than "rail" against them. I have fairly significant activity intolerance but I understand the cycle between activity and consequence, and I think that will help.

So, push when can, but not too much, and be patient with your recovery... I've learned trying to speed it up isn't productive
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (10-14-2015)