View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 09:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffman View Post
Just curious how many of you can work full or part-time with your Neuopathy and if so what type of work do you do? Also, have you found you need tools for example such as voice recognition software to assist you or other devices to get through the day?

Cliffman
I have found that I have been able to work a 9-5 job and in many ways it helped distract from the pain. Being on gabapentin affects my ability to remember things as quickly as i would like to as well as some of the other side effects causing some minor issues. Sometimes typing and detailed hand work could be a little more tiring than I would like. I just had to learn how to time the medication and the supplements to work within the work schedule - and learning when to expect pain and prepare for it. So, it basically kept me from being an aggressive climb the ladder - get out of my way worker and more of a busy worker guy. Which I was fine with because I felt at least, normal. And getting a check every week feels great. I currently work from home and certainly prefer it becuase i can always lie down for lunch.

We can do a lot more than we think with SFN, we just have to push ourselves to do it. I know small fiber is different from other forms. I know some are much worse than me, I SUPPOSEDLY have a mild case . Man it hurts though. But, the best thing any of us can do is FIGHT I know that. What doesn't kill you will strengthen you.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sarge (10-16-2015), St George 2013 (10-15-2015), zkrp01 (10-15-2015)