View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 10:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post
I have found that I have been able to work a 9-5 job and in many ways it helped distract from the pain. Being on gabapentin affects my ability to remember things as quickly as i would like to as well as some of the other side effects causing some minor issues. Sometimes typing and detailed hand work could be a little more tiring than I would like. I just had to learn how to time the medication and the supplements to work within the work schedule - and learning when to expect pain and prepare for it. So, it basically kept me from being an aggressive climb the ladder - get out of my way worker and more of a busy worker guy. Which I was fine with because I felt at least, normal. And getting a check every week feels great. I currently work from home and certainly prefer it becuase i can always lie down for lunch.

We can do a lot more than we think with SFN, we just have to push ourselves to do it. I know small fiber is different from other forms. I know some are much worse than me, I SUPPOSEDLY have a mild case . Man it hurts though. But, the best thing any of us can do is FIGHT I know that. What doesn't kill you will strengthen you.
Hi Patrick,

I too work from home ..or at least I did until all this started with the heart attack and now the PN. I handled a tech support desk in the auto security industry. I have to return soon or I will lose the job and my health insurance.

I just started taking the Gapapentin...one pill last night and one this morning. My resting heart rate at the doctors and on a home monitor was 102...I assume this is medicine.

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (10-15-2015)