View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 08:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop262 View Post
Hi Cliffman,

I'm a field engineer that works in industrial settings. About half the time, I am working in various industrial plants, which involves a lot of walking, stair and ladder climbing, etc. The rest of the time I am doing my paperwork from home.

My PN has taken a strange course, starting with rapid onset of mostly muscular symptoms, but then switching over to mostly sensory symptoms (mostly foot pain, numb toes, and burning/stinging sensations in various areas.)

I found this site pretty early on, and the advice here (particularly supplements) plus taking gabapentin has kept my pain at a tolerable level. I missed a little work early on when I had some days where I felt too weak to go out. But I've been able to tough it out since. There are a lot of days when I leave a plant, get to my car as fast as I can, and pull my shoes off to get some relief

I'm in my early 50's with 2 kids in college. I'm hoping I can at least keep working it until the kids graduate.

Best of luck to you. It's been tough for me, and I know there are many out there struggling with a lot worse symptoms than I have.
All the best to you Ragtop262...you certainly have a lot on your plate. It's not's easy to raise kids, work etc even if one's healthy, never mind adding PN to the mix. I admire you.

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote