Thread: Gabapentin
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 11:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyT View Post
no.

Another failure of the United States medical system. I am going to write a book about this pathetic display eventually.

This is what I put my thumbs up to. I see a failure in the medical system when it comes to communication and patient education. Pharmacists are the ones who know, or SHOULD know the most about the medicines you're taking. After all, they are DOCTORS of pharmacy and went to school for the same if not longer length of time than a medical doctor. That's why their license, most of them in a hospital, and now changing in current retail settings too, say PharmD! They are Doctors of Pharmacy. There are MANY YEARS and THESIS writings behind that title badge. It's not all about just counting pills people.

And for the LOVE of GOD!! Stay at the same DAMN pharmacy!! Don't be bouncing around from pharmacy A to pharmacy B to pharmacy C because this makes it a hell of a lot harder to keep track of drug interactions!

I personally think Gabapentin is an excellent drug to use and have seen a lot patients do well with it. Before you ask, yes, pharmacy used to be my job. I was a CPhT for 20+ years. Not anymore since my crash [emoji33][emoji31][emoji22] I worked awhile after, but just can't. Anyway, back to it. So Gabapentin is an excellent drug for a lot of people, but every drug out there affects people differently. What works great for me, may not work for you, and vice versa.

I started off on the lower dose range on Gaba, but I don't recall what it was. Hence what part of what's part of my problem now [emoji15], and I can lol about it. I am now on the max dose, which is 3600mg a day. I take 1200mg: three times a day.

I thought a mention or two in here was about epilepsy or lack of. I do not have "true epilepsy" either. Least I don't think so? However, I do have seizures. They are not your typical seizures that everybody thinks of when people "hear" the word seizures. Seizures do not AUTOMATICALLY classify them as Grand Mal seizures, which ARE the Tonic-Clonic generalized ones. Muscle shaking, falling down, foaming at the mouth, very scary to see, etc.

There ARE several other types of seizures. I happen to suffer from another type. Courtesy of my severe TBI which I sustained in my crash. Yeah me. I just happen to be in the record books for coming back so good for having such horrific things happen to me. Called never give up. Although lately things catching up [emoji22] now

In the end here? Each individual is just that, an INDIVIDUAL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chrybmb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote