View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I didn't have terrible pain, my hands just stopped working for awhile... I had continuous discomfort and odd moving around RSI's , wrist , hands, thumb, elbows, shoulder , neck, etc.

I suppose I was more of a "pre TOS" than full on TOS.. but it is better to catch it and find best therapies to prevent the full blown version...

I still can't hold my arms up for very long before they turn white and start to go numb, but I can live with that.

I would suggest Sharon Butler's website for articles & info and her book is in libraries.

And some gentle posture things I do --
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/album.php?albumid=422

It's great your PT knew about TOS , I hope they can help you to turn it around, it does take a lot of "homework/self care" and ongoing to keep it at bay.

I bought a lot of things to help my own recovery..far infra-red heating pad, digital IF stim, ultrasound...
Early on I did buy a shiatsu massage recliner I would come home from work and collapse into it to recover from each day of work...ice on my forearms and heat on my upper back...

But I didn't really see a major improvement until I was written off work.. the PT was not able to offset the ongoing use while still working.

I also found a very good chiro that was able to do more than adjustments only...he did soft tissue , trigger point, the IF stim, & a low level laser... and top rib mobilizations..
I don't know if you PT does all of those, or just more of a standard protocol..

If they are having you do using hand bikes, stretchy bands, and repetitive things that is usually not the best way....