View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi maiamontilla,

A canker sore can last for 3 weeks or longer if new sores develop in the same area. These sores are an auto immune reaction to irritation, trauma, infection, illness, etc. It's important to find out why "you" develop the sores so you can take healthy precautions to minimize their occurrence. You could have an autoimmune disorder, vitamin deficiency, poor dietary and/or oral habits, things like that are contributing factors to the recurrence of them and why some people are more prone to them than others. Also cigarette smoking, drinking alcohol, and using chemical laden mouthwash can all be contributing factors as well.

The white stuff in the socket may be food debris or pus. Since it is 10 days post op and you have pain along with the white secretions, it is best to have your dentist evaluate the site for infection and not assume it is normal healing.

Hope this info is helpful to you.
Bryanna

The white stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiamontilla View Post
Hi. My tooth was extracted 10 days ago and I am still in pain, from the gums to the jaw and ear. It happens like three times a day- the moment i wake up, during my sleep and before I go to bed. And I also have this canker sore on the gums where my tooth was pulled, I suspect it's the one that is causing the pain, however I am not sure because I've experience the same pain (but did not get canker sore) when I had a different tooth extracted a couple of months ago. I also got this white stuff inside the hole of my gums, I don't know if it's is a part of the healing process or it's an infection as well. I hope someone could help me understand what is the cause of this burden. Xx

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote