View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi caroline,

I know you are a big believer in certain herbs and oils.... I am too! But for those who are unfamiliar with Myrhh, I think it's helpful to provide a brief explanation of what it is.

Myrrh is actually a resin by product of the Commiphora trees that grow in the Middle East. It is processed into an essential oil or tincture product for various topical and oral applications. It has lots of therapeutic properties but it also has embalming properties as well. This means that although it has the capability to kill or mummify bacteria it may not be able to differentiate between the good and the bad bacteria. It is also a strong irritant to sensitive skin and can cause a contact dermatitis to occur. So it is not really an inert oil that is meant for everyone. Care needs to be taken when using it and it should only be used sparingly.

It's therapeutic remedies having to do with oral health are really gum related, not tooth related. In other words, if you have gum inflammation from gingivitis or from mobile teeth due to orthodontia, or new canker sores, or some other "gum" related issues myrrh may be helpful. But if you have a root canaled tooth or an infected tooth, myrrh does not have any capabilities of curing the problems associated with that tooth. It may help temporarily subside the gum pain and inflammation caused by the infected tooth, but it cannot alter the bacterial status of that tooth. So the infected tooth will remain infected and the symptoms of the infection will continue to occur as long as the tooth is present. The infection from the tooth is still able to proliferate into the bone and beyond. So although the physical symptoms may subside, the problem still exists. I think it's important for yourself and others using this to know that.

Just a suggestion..... perhaps it would be a good idea to have an xray done of that area of your mouth to see how progressive the bacteria from that root canaled tooth has become so that you would know what you are dealing with rather than assume the problem gets better because the symptoms come and go.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
I wouldn't be without my little bottle of Myrrh Tincture. I use Nature's Answer and it's available at most online supplement companies where I buy my supplements. iherb for one where I shop a lot.

I have a chronic issue with a molar next to a bridge with a root canal. I'm doing all to not go to major dental work. It had been quiet for about 5 yrs and flared up recently so I'm hitting it with my Myrrh. I developed some mouth ulcers in that area and they are gone now. HOPE I don't have to break down and do major work.

I use it straight from dropper a couple drops in the area probably 3 times per day.

http://www.health-care-tips.org/herb...ines/myrrh.htm

This is what I do for mouth sore issues.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***

Last edited by Bryanna; 10-18-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote