View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 03:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentonHorgan View Post
Hi, I'm a 19 year old male based about 45 minutes North of Toronto and suffer chronic pain through my upper extremities on a constant, daily basis. I havent been officially diagnosed but through vast research over the past year and frequent hospital visits with no results, I'm fairly certain I have Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and I don't know what to do.

About a 15 months ago I went swimming in a public pool at night with some friends and accidentaly dove head first into the shallow end of the swimming pool. I could move my head for a month, i got xrays and they said i was okay, my head started to get better and i started working full time on an assembly line. after 6 onths i had to quit because i was suffering eexcrusiating pain by working. Ibuprofen did nothing.

I now have to stretch my shoulders and crack my neck on constant basis to keep my neck and head from seizing up in pain. I cant lift my arms above my head, my vision goes dark when i take a deep breath, my lymph nodes are always swollen and there are lumps forming on my esophagus. and i have had a blind spot in the center of my right eye for 2 months, I cant wear a backpack, i cant drive because i start to swerve whenever i have to crack my neck which is about every 5 minutes or so. I now work 3 shifts a week at a convenience store and even that's over baring to do, the pain's taking control of my life and every doctor i go to tells me im fine.

TLDR: Does anyone know of a Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Specialst in Ontario because I feel like I'm dying.
Hi, did you have a detailed cervical screen? MRIs are necessary not just x-rays for any disc related issues.

also, please try not to crack your neck too much, you could be contributing to cervical instability by weakening or spasming your overactive muscles.

a possible alternative could be to take some pain relieving gel and deeply massaging your muscles.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote