View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hockey,

I rarely visit this site anymore, but I just thought I would today out of the blue. I want you to know that your many posts I have read have always inspired me to keep going, so I have come to return the favor.

I can't know your own situation, as you have been dealing with your life-changing injuries for so many years now. But as I am now over 3 years injured, I know how it feels to be so frustrated by the changes and the loss of independence, as well as the unwanted anger bouts I experience.

I also know about the love you have for your daughter, and the admiration you have previously spoken of for both her and your husband. I am just wondering if you have had any recent changes with your relationships with each of them, and that is causing you more anger because you feel helpless to contribute to resolving the conflict.

I would think that by now they are aware of your tendencies or your "triggers" for anger. Maybe sitting down and talking to them about how you feel might be worthwhile. Maybe having an outside fourth party to act as a group moderator might be helpful too.

I hope I have the grace you have shown with your injuries so far. I have admired you a great deal for your insight and words of wisdom. I hope you find the answers that won't have you making such great sacrifices. I offer my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Please take care, M-i-m
music-in-me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-18-2015)