View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 10:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I'm sorry for what you've been going through for far too long.

Just thinking...

How long ago exactly did you stop the Seroquel?

Did the phonic tics start while you were on that or after you stopped. Never had any tics before?

You said "I had a somewhat atypical reaction coming off of it."

Do you mean it was really difficult but the docs said it would be easy??

If anyone ever tells you it's always a breeze then they are wrong. My son was on Risperidone when he was young for different reasons from you and it was sooooo difficult to get off. The problem was that it wasn't helping either. It had hit the well known neuroleptic Wall. Bang. Stopped working. Then it was so difficult getting him off it that I ended up having to shave the tablets and do it ultra slowly. The doctors had just said it would take a couple of weeks to decrease. Wrong. It took months.

Thinking of you. You have a lot on your plate.
I stopped the seroquel about a month ago I think. Been a few weeks at least.

I had a couple tics when I was on it but it was so rare that it didn't bother me. Before that, I had never had a tic. The tics started full force when I switched to seroquel. They seem to flare up when I am feeling bad. I think they are anxiety or TD related. I also get weird jerking movements and sometimes my body jolts instead of a tic.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy coming off of it but never like this. Even all the horror stories I read, mine sounds up there with the worst of them. I don't hear of the neurological issues too often and most people have made significant improvements after this long. I never would have thought I would be sick for over a year and I didn't know about protracted withdrawal back then. People get react very differently. Some don't even get that much of a withdrawal. A lot of people report anhedonia, but I wish I had that compared to the extreme emotions I deal with. If I wasn't bipolar before, I most certainly am now.
SpaceBird83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (10-19-2015)