View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 10:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by February View Post
Hi spacebird. I am sorry doctors are not taking your neurological symptoms seriously. Stomach problems, sweating, chest pains and numbness should be checked out to rule out autonomic neuropathy. If you are still having chest pains go to the emergency room to get it checked out. They have to do an ekg at the very least. They are not fortune tellers. An easy way to find healthcare until your plan kicks in is to google your (zip code + free clinic).

If you are having reactions to meds, self medicating with alcohol can be just as bad because it may be metabolized with the same enzyme.

There is a genetic metabolic disease called AIP porphyria where an enzyme is only partially functioning. If the load (medications, hormones (starting at puberty) alcohol), is too heavy for the enzyme’s ability to process, a toxic neuropathy, including neurovisceral can happen,

This is not meant as a diagnoses but as an example of how our bodies may or may not be able to metabolize medications, hormones, alcohol. This is only 1 of more than 7000 genetic diseases and even more are undiscovered.

This link is new diagnostic testing that can determine how the enzymes are functioning.

I hope you find some relief very soon.

Take care.
Sorry for not using the multi-quote but haven't figured it out yet. Not feeling well today.

Very informative Februrary. Thanks.

Yeah, I am reducing my alcohol and just going to stop. It makes me feel worse. I am trying to phase it out.

Do you think it's possible that I damaged my enzymes by drinking while taking the 100 mg of seroquel? I don't know which enzyme it is, but I assume it's the same one.

I started 10 mg of sublingual methylcobalmin and I think it might be helping.

These symptoms have been happeing for so long that I really doubt that it is pancreatitis or appendicitis. My appendix would have burst by now. I have had the stomach pain for about a year now.

I appreciate everyone that took the time to respond. Thank you.
SpaceBird83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote