View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 11:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
From what I understand the corpus callosum connects input to memory. If it is damaged, it can make storing memory difficult. Visual and auditory sensation/input needs to be directed to memory banks...
The loss of memory is very acute, its as if something didn't happen when logically it did... really ticks me off and frustrating. Was supposed to go back to work but they denied my ADA request.

Quote:
The CC also is a big part of the filtering of sensory input. I would expect you struggling with too much sensory stimulation. As my neuro said, I hear everything. Nothing gets filtered out.
Exactly

I explained this effect to the therapist the other day that I most likely I can remember what I'm doing moving from one room to the other if I can walk to the other room blindly. If I look at something I instantly forget 3 out of 4 times what I went into that room for if it has nothing to do with the thought process.

It's really frustrating

I still get debilitating head aches if I drive over an hour, its like my brain turns to mush but less so at night.

Quote:
When you lose track of thought a conversation, it's likely that your processing is distracted. Sort of a lack of focus. Too many voices can be brutal in this situation.
yeah, too many of my voices or thoughts ... I often have to close my eyes when I talk
NotTHIS!! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote