View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 01:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Feeling brighter and clearer after being hospitalized with an 100% oxygen mask

In Thursday (3 days ago), I started feeling really bad chest pain in school, which worsened when I breathed in. A few hours later, I developed a bad pain in my neck whenever I spoke.

I went to the hospital in the evening, 7 hours after it happened, and it was diagnosed as Pneumomediastinum (a condition where air is trapped in the chest area). I was taken in an ambulance to an emergency room of another hospital, where they said they'll treat me with a mask that delivers 100% oxygen - the medical staff said the increased oxygen supply will help absorb the trapped air.

I was treated with the 100% oxygen mask for about 32 hours from the total 42 hours I've been at the hospital, got 6 X-Ray scans to my chest, and finally went home in Saturday's noon.

Now it's Sunday here, and I feel something different about my PCS. I feel brighter and less confused. My brain fog only happened for 1-2 hours in the last 24 hours - as opposed to the usual 5-6 hours in 24 hours. In general, it feels like I have had a significant improvement in my PCS recovery. I really do feel something that I haven't felt in a long time - a special kind of clarity and more cognitive flexibility.

I don't feel that I recovered 100% - I still have PCS, but I feel much better than I have felt in the last 2-3 months (PCS symptoms feel less pronounced).

Could it be that the 100% oxygen mask I had helped me recover faster?

Thanks,
-ProAgonist

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote