View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi maiamontilla,

Canker sores can be very painful but generally the pain subsides considerably after the first week. Unless you are getting additional sores or you are doing something to aggravate the one you have. Also, canker sores can look similar to a herpes virus which would also be painful and more likely to linger for a few weeks. So it's important that you get the proper diagnosis.

You are wise to be concerned about taking any OTC pain meds for any length of time as they do affect the liver and other organs. You could try taking a homeopathic remedy which can be very helpful. Here is a site that gives an excellent list of remedies for dental related issues. Scroll down the list to Herpes Lesions. http://www.icnr.com/articles/homeopa...dentistry.html

A word of caution about using Gumtech toothpaste and others with similar ingredients. It contains triclosan which is a germicide that is undeniably toxic and it carries all sorts of negative health warnings. Here is some info on that..
http://www.beyondpesticides.org/prog...ials/triclosan

The least toxic toothpaste is a home made mixture of coconut oil and baking soda. Here's a simple recipe for making it:

2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
10 drops of Peppermint oil (optional)

*You can make a larger or smaller batch depending on how long you would like it to last and what size container you’re storing it in.
Instructions:

1. Mix baking soda and coconut oil in a small container, until it forms a paste like consistency

2. Add several drops of peppermint oil and mix (*peppermint is optional)

I hope this information is helpful to you.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiamontilla View Post
Hi, Bryanna. Thank you for the reply.

I've visited my dentist yesterday, and she told me that the gums where my tooth was extracted is actually healing and she assumed that the one causing me pain is the canker sore that I get from the injury of anesthesia. So, she told me to buy this Gumtect toothpaste which helps the canker sore to heal fast and is also good for gums.

I don't smoke and don't use mouthwash, but I eat normally, like the usual days when I do not have this pain, but of course, I avoid spicy food because I've read it could trigger the sore.

What I am concerned most is, is the pain I am having is the same amount of pain canker sore gives? Because it is excruciating and the only thing that could make it go away is pain killer. And I am worried that taking Ibuprofen could damage my kidney since I do it 2-3 times daily.

And by the way, the white stuff inside the gums is just food. I just had a hard time getting it.

Xx

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote