Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 11:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Neuropathic Spondyloarthropathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dreamer_ View Post
Thanks. Trying to figure out how the doc diagnosed me with this since he left the practice. I use their online service so got a notification that this diagnosis was added. Wondering if another doctor at the practice actually looked at my ct scan films or what. Strange. Thanks again. In reading about it, I still don't really understand what it is.
Dreamer, I often have the same problem trying to understand medical jargon. Something that helps me is taking the word apart and finding out the meaning of the different parts.

"Spondylo" prefix meaning "vertebra or the spinal column"

For the next part I found the following information on Web MD
http://answers.webmd.com/answers/119...is-arthropathy

"Arthropathy" means “joint problem.” Doctors often use arthropathy interchangeably with arthritis, which means "joint inflammation."

According to the article there are some forms of arthropathy that are distinct from arthritis:

"Neuropathic arthropathy: Nerve damage from diabetes or another nerve condition results in slow damage to joints. In diabetic people, arthropathy usually affects the foot and ankle. (Arthritis may also be present.)"

So if you put them together it would probably mean "Neuropathic Sponyloarthropathy" referring to nerve damage from a nerve condition resulting in slow damage to a joint (possibly hip?)

Does this make sense based on your test?
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote