Thread: Any advice?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 12:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Wow!!! I don't even no where to begin with this one. The other posts here were so well done that I think I am going to just keep this rather short.

Intimacy is a tough thing to deal with when the pain of CRPS constantly gets in the way. My husband has been absolutely wonderful through all of this and has learned more about this horrible thing than I have. We have not had sex in, I am guessing four or five months now. He knows that I am in pain and understands that the pain quite often takes its toll on me and my mood. He know how to read me extremely well and can tell when and where he can touch me. We take each moment one moment at a time. If we are able to have an intimate moment, we take advantage of that time. If all he can do is wrap his arm around me or hold my hand, that's what we do. There are plenty of times that I want him to hold me, but the pain does not allow it. It is very frustrating for both of us, but we take advantage of the moment, even if they may be small, to enjoy each other. We know we love each other, but there are times that all we can not be close to each other.

Take advantage of the times that you do have. Cherish each moment that you can. I have heard the term Carpe diem several times in my life. Don't seize the day, seize the moment.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-22-2015), DejaVu (10-18-2015), Enna70 (10-18-2015), mama mac (10-18-2015)