View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 07:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I started with similar symptoms that over time got worse. I would get an EMG from a neurologist who is familiar with performing EMG on this area. Mine showed suprascapular (supraspinatus/infraspinatus) and dorsal scapular neuropathy (rhomboid/levator scapula). Basically my entire upper back/neck shoulder area on the right side was irritated. Very minimal arm symptoms and no hand symptoms. The neurologist actually referred me to a vascular surgeon who also diagnosed me with TOS. After years of failed PT, I opted for TOS surgery (brachial plexus neurolysis, first rib removal, pec minor tenotamy). I'm now worse off because I still have all the symptoms I had before surgery plus scarring on brachial plexus which has given me chronic burning pain from sternum, mid part of chest up to collarbone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisuofa View Post
I was recently diagnosed with TOS. I have moderate pain in left shoulder, neck, along collarbone, upper back, sometimes in my left chest , sometimes a little pain at edge of armpit but no pain, numbness or anything with arms and hands. I have had stress test, heart ultrasound, x-Rays of chest and shoulders. At first, ortho dr said it was unusual presentation from a herniated disc found with cervical MRI. Physical therapist sent me to see a Dr in James Andrews practice in Birmingham and he agreed with the therapist that it was TOS. I pointed out no hand symptoms and he said it was a little unusual presentation but it was TOS, not from disc problem.
Anyone else have this? I've been reading a lot of posts and it sounds like most everyone is in terrible pain. Really mine is not that bad, I just wanted to know what it was. Thanks for your help.
shug2003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote