Thread: Topical Meds?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 09:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Lit Love,

Thank you for your suggestion. It's a very important one!
I have been using the Epsom salts topical lotion and the chloride spray. I have also been soaking in the Epsom salts.
I am so glad you have mentioned this though, as it cannot be mentioned enough!

Hi PurpleFoot721,
Oh, you'd be surprised at what I have likely forgotten, even if I did post about something at one time. Lol. It's a part of the mess.
I have found that doctors will often prescribe topical meds IF I bring up the topic and bring the information and/or IF I have spoken with the compounding pharmacist first. My rheumatologist is more open to this and tends to research it herself. Yet, she also gets very busy in her private solo practice and is helped along if I have some info ready for her.

I am surprised with how well topical Soma has worked.

The commercial compounding usually uses a PLO gel which is supposed to help to transport the medication more deeply. I do not like paying the high prices of compounded topicals.

I have found I can negotiate with the local compounding pharmacist, as a part of his pricing equation is based upon getting his mill messed up with a certain percentage or mix of medications and he has to take time to clean the mill prior to making up the next prescription. I had a talk with him and he could make me twice as much (200%) in volume for only 120% of the cost, if I would take twice as much at a time. That helps with the cost.

I also look around on the internet for any topical percentages and sometimes make my own with an OTC cream. The delivery system is not as good, for sure. I urge caution with this. I also watch herbalists make various topicals on youtube, etc.

I think you may find you can still access the ketamine cream if you request it.
It's hard on everyone that insurance does not cover this. It's such a great way to treat pain and inflammation when people have difficulties with meds.

I swear my body does not want another med, no matter what it is. I have always been sensitive to meds and it seems I am only getting more sensitive to meds with time and med exposures.

I am glad you've jumped in to say "hi!"
Welcome to NeuroTalk!

DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-18-2015), bluesfan (10-20-2015), indigo (10-22-2015), LIT LOVE (10-21-2015), Littlepaw (10-18-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-19-2015), vintagewine (10-19-2015)