View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 09:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you Alma Vera, I'm so sorry to hear you experienced such symptoms! You're on point about the concern about missing work. I keep seeing posts on here about taking it easy and not putting yourself in stressful situations, which I'm totally trying to avoid, but I can't just outright quit my job = I will be homeless in a matter of weeks! Who will pay my rent, student loans, groceries, everything?! Unfortunately I don't have a good support system for this, nor would I feel comfortable letting someone in my life right now support me.

When was your accident? How are you feeling now?
The thyroid thing was something I was praying that this was, but turns out after 3 panels of random thyroid tests within the past 6-8 weeks - everything is normal for the time being.

I hate this numbness, this anxiety, the feeling like I can't breathe or act normally. I totally understand you when you said you were trying to hide your problems. I'm afraid if I tell my bosses that I have a head injury, they'll deem me incompetent or incapable of safely doing my job. This is the issue I've been dealing with lately - I have an opportunity to leave my current job and go to a much less stressful one, slightly better hours, but the opportunities of a lifetime will be lost...which is why I keep trying to push through.. Like you said, I'm wondering if this is doing more damage than anything else.

I wish there was a scan to pinpoint what was wrong! I keep seeing ads for this place in Texas and I'm so tempted to fly out there from NYC just to get some help (although it's probably BS).

Thanks for bringing up the alarms, I know it's so simple and it seems like I should've already done that - but in all honesty, I haven't. I'm trying to stay as "normal" as possible.. with abnormal deficits. I will absolutely use the alarms for everything.

I really hope for you that you've recovered!
Thank you.
lilyNYC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote