Thread: Topical Meds?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 09:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Darn it! You know I'm fond of you but I just don't want to see you over here for this! i am so sorry you aren't just dropping in to say hi.

I am going to suggest a simple med, prednisone. It is often overlooked but is recommended several places, including practice guidelines given by bigwig Dr. Stanton-hicks in 2014. I ended up taking a couple rounds of it early on and it made a big difference in swelling, pain and temp changes. Guidelines call for 10mg three times daily for ten days to three weeks depending on response. That is not a terribly big dose and while steroids do have side effects (and are no good for diabetics if that is a problem) they do have their place.

Start hitting 500 mg of Vit C daily. DMSO is good, but hard to find in the right percentage. I ordered online and cut it with aloe Vera to get it to a percentage that didn't irritate my skin.

What are they doing with your foot? Are you in a boot? Surgical shoe? assisted weight-bearing is recommended for stress fracture but immobilization is bad for CRPS. If you are permitted keep that foot moving with whatever alphabet spelling and ankle circles you can tolerate. Get in a pool and gently swish with a weight belt.

I use a topical of ketoprofen, gabapentin and ketamine that I like. I order lidocaine 4% separately because I don't always want it.

I find it hopeful you have beat back this kind of reaction before. My physical medicine doc in Houston who I am so happy with once told me they have some patients who react this way every time they have surgery. He said he and the other docs start PT and pain control, wait quietly for a few months and hope that it will go away. He said it typically does.

I hope you get relief soon!
Sending hugs and healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-20-2015), DejaVu (10-18-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-19-2015), vintagewine (10-19-2015)